PIRCH is a luxury retailer of appliance, plumbing and outdoor products with a passion for creating a great experience for customers and team members. We’re looking for an IT Help Desk Technitian who will work closely work with senior help desk engineer to provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, software and hardware.
As a Help Desk technician your role is to listen, diagnose and do whatever it takes to resolve issues for team members ensuring team members can work effectively and customers have a seamless PIRCH experience.
WHAT OUR HELP DESK TECHNICIAN DOES (among other things):
- Handle problem recognition, research, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems, and escalation of more complex problems.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure employees have the proper IT related equipment to work efficiently
- Perform incident investigation diagnosis and resolution
- Troubleshoot all matters related to team member laptop and computers and mobile devices
- Troubleshoot issues relating to AV equipment and conference rooms
- Install, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software both manually and via endpoint management tools
- Provide hardware and software support for all supported Personal Computer and Mobile Devices plus associated peripherals
- Respond to customer requests in a timely fashion and work independently to complete assigned tasks as quickly as possible
- Respond to tickets and questions from users concerning their hardware and software issues
- Keep affected business partners informed about progress
- Provide basic training to end users on ad-hoc basis
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college is required
- At least two years’ experience with diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- General Familiarity with Active Directory account management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Standard suite & Office 365
- Proficiency with Windows 7, 8, & 10
- Familiarity with iOS 6x and 7x
- Basic understanding of computer networking in a Windows environment (mapped drives, network printers, login scripts. etc.)
- Five-day work week (occasional evenings and weekends work may be required as job duties demand)
- Occasional off-hours support duty
- Long hours in a stationary position
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person, phone and email
PIRCH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PIRCH complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.